The history of how Brooks Green came to be spans some eighty plus years and it all begins in 1936 with a Mr Ruben Brooks.
Based near London Bridge clients were predominantly throughout the Medway towns area where Brooks was a keen member of the Medway Yacht Club. In fact we still act for his first client, the company now being run by the original owner’s son-in-law. The firm continued to grow and moved to larger premises in the City after the war.
Max Green started M.D. Green & Co in the 1950’s from a small office in Grays Inn which he shared with a firm of solicitors. The practice grew rapidly and he soon brought in Stanley Aarons as a partner to help run the company.
A new partnership
In 1970 David Harris joined Brooks & Co to manage the firm with a view to taking it over when Brooks retired. In 1973 David Harris took over the practice and merged it with M D Green & Co forming Brooks Green. This was successfully run by Stanley Aarons and David Harris until Stanley’s retirement in 2005.
During the 1980’s Stanley’s son Rowland joined the company and together with Mohamed, who had already been with the firm for a number of years, became partners in 1993. In 1990 David and Stanley made the decision to leave Grays Inn and buy a building in Finchley where the firm has been ever since. The business continues to grow and with spare office space hopes to continue this trend.